A Platform for Success
ENSURE GREATER ACCOUNTABILITY TO ALL CITIZENS OF CHATHAM-KENT
As Mayor of Chatham-Kent, I will:
- Ensure that the CAO and staff are accountable both to Council and the community by creating more “daylight” between the two. I will do this with:
• A clear and focused mandate that is based on our main strategic goals.
• An appropriate scorecard created to measure effectiveness of senior administration in achieving these strategic goals.
• Ensure that senior administration presents balanced information to help Council make decisions. For example, Reports to Council must include “Pros and Cons” along with recommendations.
• Evaluate incentive compensation structure to reward achievement of goals as well as the reverse.
- Review equity holdings in wind farms and other investments that potentially put the Municipality in conflict with its citizens.
- Ensure there is a full business case analysis of any large investments. More rigor and due diligence needs to be applied to this process. We need more of a critical eye to challenge blue-sky scenarios and ensure we are making better decisions.